Dr. Leland Deane
Long Island Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Leland M. Deane obtained his M.D. degree from State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York in 1978. After his internship, he completed his General Surgical Internship and Residency at the Tufts New-England Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. He finished his Plastic Surgery Residency at Eastern Virginia Graduate School of Medicine in Norfolk, Virginia. Continuing his education, Dr. Deane completed a Fellowship at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Division of Hand Surgery and Department of Orthopedic Surgery in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Deane joined the New York Plastic Surgical Group, a division of the Long Island Plastic Surgical Group as an associate in 1986 and became a partner in the Group in 1988. Please see the site for the Group at New York Plastic Surgical Group.
New York Plastic Surgical Group, division of Long Island Plastic Surgical Group PC
Currently, Dr. Deane is Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery at the North Shore/LIJ Health System, Southside Hospital.
As a teaching professional, Dr. Deane is a faculty member at Cornell University Medical College. He has authored papers in plastic surgery literature and continually participates in conferences and courses in the national and international medical community. Dr. Deane has organized and led humanitarian missions to Colombia, South America to treat congenital malformations in children. He is also a Fellow of The American College of Surgeons and a past Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Dr. Deane is on the Advisory Board of several patient support organizations, including Mother of Supertwins (for multiple birth families) and Bariatrics Today/ObesityHelp.com (for patients recovering from weight loss surgery).
He has been featured and interviewed on the Wall Street Journal televised network, the Discovery Health Channel, Cablevision Network, the New York Post, and many other media sources.
- 1970-1974: B.S, cum laude, Union College; Schenectady, New York
- 1974-1978: M.D., State University of New York Downstate Medical Center; Brooklyn, New York
- 1978-1979: Internship: Surgery at Tufts New England Medical Center; Boston, Massachusetts
- 1979-1983: Residency: General Surgery at Tufts New England Medical Center; Boston, Massachusetts
- 1983-1985: Residency: Plastic Surgery at Eastern Virginia Graduate School of Medicine; Norfolk, Virginia
- January-July 1986: Fellowship: Hand Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Diplomat, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Association of Academic Chairmen of Plastic Surgery
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- Nassau Academy of Medicine
- Nassau County Medical Society
- Nassau Surgical Society
- New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Northeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Deterling Surgical Society, Tufts University
- American Society for Peripheral Nerve
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Lipoplasty Society, Inc.
- Past Diplomat, American Board of Surgery
- Past Fellow, American Board of Pediatrics
- WSJ Television
- ABC News
- Cable News, Channel 12
- New York Post
- Discovery Health Channel