Body Lift 101
A body lift is a surgical procedure that removes excess skin to tighten the appearance of the lower or mid-body region. It’s most often used for those with sagging skin after significant weight loss or simply due to aging. Body lifts intend to dramatically improve the appearance of the abdominal, hip, thigh, and buttock regions.
Who is a Good Candidate for a Body Lift?
If you’re looking to improve the appearance of your middle or lower body, a body lift is an ideal choice. As we age, our skin becomes less elastic and thinner and loses its youthful appearance as it sags lower and lower. Like your muscles, your skin lays inactive or lax when there’s no tension applied.
The following are characteristics of a candidate that is fit for a body lift:
- The patient is in good health with no underlying medical conditions
- The patient’s weight is stable, and they’ve reached a certain BMI
- The patient has realistic expectations of the procedure
- The patient understands the recovery process associated with body lifts
Preparing for a Body Lift
One of the most important parts of any plastic surgery procedure, including a body lift, is to plan ahead so you’re ready to recover. here are three things to keep in mind when preparing for a body lift.
- The first step is to schedule a consultation with your plastic surgeon. During this time, your doctor will review your medical history and ask you about your overall health and location.
- Your doctor will check for any major concerns, such as back or neck injuries or spinal disc problems.
- Your surgeon will analyze how much skin is in excess and how much muscle fibers need to tighten.
So much of the preparation process relies on your doctor’s instructions. This is why it’s important to see a certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Leland Dean. Dr. Deane is a renowned certified plastic surgeon specializing in body lifts, breast augmentation, and other cosmetic procedures.
Body Lift Recovery: How Long Does It Take?
You’ll recover for several weeks after a body lift. This is often a significant procedure with a recovery period from four to six weeks. During this time, you’ll be able to see your immediate improvement in body contour, but as you heal, the results improve over time. Your doctor will provide instructions regarding your recovery timetable and daily activities. During this time, you’ll be required to:
- Stay away from strenuous tasks
- Follow your recovery regimen to speed up the healing process
- Follow specific diet and lifestyle recommendations
How Much Does a Body Lift Cost?
The cost of a body lift varies depending on the complexity of the procedure, your geographic location, and the experience of your doctor. You may be able to find body lift costs online, but it’s best to get a quote from a plastic surgeon in your specific area. This is the only way you’ll know how much you’ll have to pay for the procedure.
Learn More About A Body Lift
Schedule a consultation by filling out the online contact form to learn more about how body lifts can improve your appearance. As a leading plastic surgeon in Long Island, Dr. Leland Dean will provide you with all your options for body contouring before making your choice. He’s dedicated to giving his patients the personal treatment and attention they deserve and realistic expectations from their procedures.